- BS University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Ornamental Horticulture
- MS University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
- PhD University of Illinois, Urbana–Champaign, Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Teaching Assistant Professor
- Human Dimensions of Landscape Design
- Environmental Psychology
- Planting Design
- Schoolyard gardens
- Green schoolyards
- Planting for Pollinators
- Herbaceous Perennials
- Child Development
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Teaching
- North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture Educator Award
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students
Chapters in Books
- Faber Taylor, A. & Kuo, F.E. (2006). “Is contact with nature important for healthy child development? State of the evidence. “ In Spencer, C. & Blades, M. (Eds.), Children and Their Environments: Learning, Using and Designing Spaces. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, U.K.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Taylor, A. F., & Butts-Wilmsmeyer, C. (2020). Self-regulation gains in kindergarten related to frequency of green schoolyard use. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 70, 101440.
- Faber Taylor, A and Kuo, F. E. (2011) Could exposure to everyday green spaces help treat ADHD symptoms? Evidence from children’s play settings. Applied Psychology: Health & Well-being 3(3), 281-303.
- Faber Taylor, A and Kuo, F E. (2009) Children With Attention Deficits Concentrate Better After Walk in the Park. Journal of Attention Disorders 12(5), 402-409.
- Kuo, F.E., & Faber Taylor, A. (2004). “A potential treatment for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Evidence from a national study.” American Journal of Public Health, 94(9), 1580-1586.
- Faber Taylor, A., Kuo, F.E., & Sullivan, W.C. (2002). “Views of nature and self-Discipline: Evidence from inner city children.” Journal of Environmental Psychology (Special issue on children’s environments), 22, 49-63.
- Faber Taylor, A., Kuo, F.E., & Sullivan, W.C. (2001). “Coping with ADD: The surprising connection to green play settings.” Environment & Behavior, 33(1), 54-77.
- Faber Taylor, A., Wiley, A., Kuo, F.E., & Sullivan, W.C. (1998). “Growing up in the inner city: Green spaces as places to grow.” Environment & Behavior, 30(1), 3-27.
- Juvik, J.A., Mian Rouf, M.A., & Faber, A. (1994). Sugary1 and Sugary Enhancer1 sweet corn inbreds with resistance to Northern Leaf Blight. HortScience, 29(11), 1369-1370.