- B.S.: Horticulture, Plant and Soil Science, University of Kentucky - 2012
- Ph.D.: Crop Science - Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - 2016
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Crop Sciences, University of Illinois (2016 - 2017)
- Research Assistant Professor, Dept. of Crop Sciences, University of Illinois (2017 - Present)
- Improving Grain Quality for End Users - Food Processors, Other Millers, and Consumers
- Crop Modeling
- Plant Breeding for Niche Markets, High-Value Products, and Improved Nutritional Quality
Selected Articles in Journals
- Butts-Wilmsmeyer, C. J.; Bohn, M. O., High-Throughput Extraction of Insoluble-Bound Ferulic Acid In Maize. Crop Science 2016, 56 (6), 3152-3159.
- Butts-Wilmsmeyer, C. J.; Mumm, R. H.; Bohn, M. O., Concentration of Beneficial Phytochemicals in Harvested Grain of US Yellow Dent Maize (Zea mays L.) Germplasm. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2017, 65 (38), 8311-8318.
- Ajayi-Oyetunde, O. O.; Butts-Wilmsmeyer, C. J.; Bradley, C. A., Sensitivity of Rhizoctonia solani to Succinate Dehydrogenase Inhibitor and Demethylation Inhibitor Fungicides. Plant Disease 2017, 101 (3), 487-495.
- Butts-Wilmsmeyer, C. J.; Mumm, R. H.; Rausch, K.; Kandhola, G.; Yana, N. A.; Happ, M. M.; Ostezan, A.; Wasmund, M.; Bohn, M. O., Changes in Phenolic Acid Content in Maize During Food Product Processing. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2018, 66 (13), 3378-3385.