Prospective graduate students apply through the Graduate College.
For full consideration, prospective students should apply by December 1 for the following summer or fall, or by September 15 for the following spring. For fellowship consideration, all applications must be received by December 5th.
Applications are accepted at any time; they are considered and acted upon by the departmental graduate applications committee monthly.
On-Campus M.S. and Ph.D. Applicants
- Check to be sure you meet the minimum application requirements from the Graduate College.
- Applicants must submit a CV, personal statement, and three letters of recommendation.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is recommended for applicants to the Department of Crop Sciences. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Graduate Program office with questions regarding the GRE.
Online M.S. Applicants
Online Master's Degree students apply through the Graduate College.
- Bachelor's Degree with a 3.0 GPA for last two years of undergraduate study
- If you have less than a 3.0 GPA, we recommend applying for a Professional Development Certificate. After successful completion, you can apply to the Online Master's Degree Program.
NOTE: Crop Sciences no longer requires GRE scores for admission consideration.
International M.S. and Ph.D. Applicants
International applicants must meet minimum requirements based on their country of origin. Please note that proposed programs of study may require a higher GPA than the Graduate College’s minimum standard.