Further your education with an advanced degree from the Department of Crop Sciences at Illinois.
- M.S. in Bioinformatics
- M.S. in Crop Sciences
- M.S. in Crop Sciences Non-Thesis
- Online M.S. in Crop Sciences
- Ph.D. in Crop Sciences
For full consideration, prospective students should apply by December 1 for the following summer or fall, or by September 15 for the following spring. However, applications are accepted at any time; they are considered and acted upon by the departmental graduate applications committee monthly.
On-Campus M.S. and Ph.D. Applicants
- Check to be sure you meet the minimum application requirements from the Graduate College.
- Applicants must submit a CV., personal statement, and three letters of recommendation.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is recommended for applicants to the Department of Crop Sciences. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Graduate Program office with questions regarding the GRE.
Online M.S. Applicants
Check to be sure you meet the minimum requirements on our Online M.S. Program Page.
International M.S. and Ph.D. Applicants
International applicants must meet minimum requirements based on their country of origin. Please note that proposed programs of study may require a higher GPA than the Graduate College’s minimum standard.
Ready to Apply?
Prospective graduate students apply through the Graduate College.